Steven James Prodan
Flex Lab Supervisor
2016 - Present: Escondido Charter High School ▪ 1868 East Valley Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92027
- Manage the Flex Lab where students are taking online courses in Computers, English and History.
- Manage their course load through online platforms Edgenuity and Itslearning.
- Counsel students and parents on how to be successful with online curriculum.
Social Science Teacher
2010 - 2016: Escondido Charter High School ▪ 1868 East Valley Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92027
Teacher of AP European History, World History and Economics [Head of History Department (2013 - 2016)]
- Developed curriculum and received syllabus approval for AP European History course
- Mentored Seniors on Graduation Presentations
- Assisted in direction of History Night
- Organized field trips and guest speakers.
Coach of the Basketball Team: Junior Varsity and Varsity Head Coach (2011-2014)
- Coordinated with Athletic Department
- Oversaw fitness/sportsmanship programs
- Managed budget and led fundraising.
Social Science Teacher
2008 - 2010: Hilltop Middle School ▪ Chula Vista High School ▪ Chula Vista, CA 91911
Teacher of US History, US Government and Ancient World Cultures:
- Participated in IEP’s
- Tutored in the AVID Program
- Assisted students with hearing impairments,
- Taught ELL Students.
University California San Diego (2013) ▪ Clear Teaching Credential
San Diego State University (2007 – 2008) ▪ Preliminary Single Subject Credential in Social Science
San Diego State University (2003 – 2007) ▪ Bachelor of Arts in History
Graduation with distinction in History
Studied abroad University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia and Oxford University, England
Class Adapts- Special Education
Teaching Special Populations
Teaching English Language Learners
Equitable and Inclusive Learning Environments
Great Books Webinar
AP European History Workshop
III. Experience and Accolades
EF Tour Leader (2011 – Present) – Organized trips to Europe, Asia and South America for students and parents.
EF Global Ambassador (2013 - Present) - Presented the merits of traveling to parents and students at several schools and also to groups of teacher abroad.
Head of the Media Team for Escondido Charter Football (2013 – 2016) – Developed website, YouTube channel and social media presence with Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages.
Submitted and received AP course audit approval for AP European History (2014).
Completed two AP European History workshop (2013, 2016)
Crystal Apple Award Winner (2013).
Head of Escondido Charter Basketball Program (2011-2013) – Organized fundraisers, coordinated schedules, designed and bought merchandise for the program.
Recognized as a top teacher, awarded by Escondido Charter’s Senior Class (2012).
Earned the rank of Eagle Scout (2003); Involved in Boy Scouts (1996-2003).
Volunteered for Children of the Nations in the Dominican Republic (2003).